The unique specialist information source for local transport!
A 30-year journey
Local Transport Today has been providing a unique service of news, analysis and comment about everything relating to transport at urban, conurbation, rural and regional levels in Britain for over 30 years.
Founded as a magazine in 1989, it quickly became required reading for planners and transport managers in local authorities, transport service providers, consultants and specialist suppliers and all those researching and studying the challenges of providing mobility and accessibility for people and businesses all around the UK.
Over the years, conferences and seminars, online information resources and other networking and knowledge exchange activities - including an annual Local Transport Summit - have been added to the mix.
During the Covid-19 lockdown this year, LTT introduced a regular fortnightly series of online conversations which became must-attend discussions for those tackling the impacts of the pandemic on local transport.
The most recent innovative step has been the launch of a new app, which provides an equivalent to the printed magazine to be viewed on smart devices with the latest user-friendly capability to display all the individual stories and features in large easy-to-read formats by a single tap on a screen. There are also direct links to all featured websites and email addresses mentioned in the magazine.
LTT is part of the Landor LINKS media and information services business, and its content is an important feed to the TransportXtra website, which has a uniquely rich resource about all elements of transport in the UK.
And now our new app…
Our state of the art digital delivery system brings LTT magazine to smartphones and provides subscribers with the latest capabilities and functionality for those wanting to read on their mobiles.
The new LTT Edition app is using the advanced technology of PageSuite, a digital publishing services company helping the producers of magazines and newspapers to create market-leading desktop, tablet and mobile solutions. LTT will join other uses of the system including international magazine and newspaper publishers like the Los Angeles Times, the Boston Globe and a range of consumer and business magazines.
Along with the new platform we’ve been developing for in-depth discussion of transport issues, we believe the addition of the app to the LTT portfolio strengthens the ways in which we can help members of the LTT community receive and consume information and join discussion, and themselves contribute to building professional knowledge and capability.
We have designed these new elements to form an integral part of the overall LTT offer, so it’s not a question of whether you read LTT magazine in print, have the app, join the discussion on the new platform or enjoy the rich archival resources of TransportXtra, the overall package will allow you to get the best out of our incredible resource of information and highly regarded editorial and publishing skills.
All LTT subscribers will automatically be able to sign up for the app facility through unique passwords issued as part of their LTT memberships. This comes in addition to receiving the print magazine, as well as access to the content that already goes into each issue from LTT to TransportXtra and the other online information feeds we produce.
…and desktop viewing facility too
As well as the app for mobile devices our state of the art digital delivery system can also bring your LTT magazine to your desktop.
Access the latest issues as a subscriber via your web browser using the same login details we’ve provided to you to download and activate the smartphone app.*
You’ll need to go through our subscription portal via the ‘Read it on your Desktop’ button below and use the ‘Already a subscriber?’ section on the left of the screen you‘ll then see.
If you’re not a subscriber, just visit the same login screen and registration section to purchase this facility through PayPal.
*If you’ve not received or saved your login code please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download here today!
Available at no extra charge to all subscribers. You should have received a code, if not please contact us.
Non-subscribers can also request a FREE 7-day trial.
Our great new multi-element subscription membership package
We’ve tailored our subscription membership to suit all your professional information needs.
- Enjoy transport’s premium professional information source - published since 1989.
- Mailed direct to you first class, every fortnight.
- Delivered personally to your smartphone/device to access in digital-friendly reading form.
- Explore LTT’s online articles and archives - including 40,000+ articles on TransportXtra.com.
- Live broadcasting features such as the lively fortnightly LTT online ‘Friday Conversation’.
- Attend exclusive webinar series such as ‘The Green Transport Recovery’, ‘Public Transport Restarts’ and ‘Traffic & Parking’.
- Exclusive access to presentations from Landor LINKS conferences.
Online articles and archives
- Plunder the extensive digital archive of over 40,000 articles from a range of titles and individual postings going back over a decade, hosted on TransportXtra.com. Fully searchable on desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Free access to join our new library of online event and masterclasses/recordings.
- Receive tailor-made ebulletins on your specialism. Daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Choose specialist newsletters from Landor LINKS e.g. Transport Responds, Better Places, Modelling & Data.
- Themed ‘Dossiers’ – essential news, analysis, key documents all in one place (in development).
Premium LTT Community Activity – Live networking and knowledge sharing
- Local Transport Summit – ‘the annual retreat with space to think’.
- LTT lead policy initiative – conferences and online.
- Attend LTT ‘Friday Conversation’ Live (once the economy reopens!).
- To be unveiled soon a new LTT platform for serious transport discussion.
We really encourage our corporate/organisational subscription members to join with us in wider activities
For those who want to take their partnership with the LTT mission one step further
- LTT Partners editorial luncheon.
- Multiple user digital access packages to the LTT App Edition and TransportXtra.com for employees.
- LTT magazine – printed and mailed the traditional way to all your nominated offices and 2x nominated home addresses.
- Sponsorship of an LTT ‘Friday Conversation’ *Introductory Offer*.
- Professional accreditation.
Here’s what we cover for you
The UK Local Transport Eco-system at a Glance(!)
Transport issues and challenges are now a complex overlapping web of different localities, activities, modes, professional disciplines, technologies and financial and governance models. The LTT team uniquely understand this matrix and how all the different elements fit together.
Want to subscribe? Got a question? Have some news? Or want to contribute?
We’d love to hear from you so if you have a question or comment, or you’re not a subscriber and would like a trial, please fill in the form below.